WLW 015 Dr. Ezzie Spencer on Living an Abundant Life
Do you feel connected to your body and to your natural rhythms? Do you flow easily between your masculine and feminine energies, with periods of time of intense activity and equal amounts of time for rest and restoration? Or does your life feel a little off balance (or maybe even a lot)? Do you feel as though you are pushing and striving and feeling exhausted by the daily grind? If the latter is true, then this conversation with Dr. Ezzie Spencer is for you.
Dr Ezzie Spencer is a beautiful friend of mine and she is also a published author, speaker and coach. She hosts the iTunes podcast An Abundant Life, and is the author of the new book, An Abundant Life: Flourishing with the Cycles of the Moon (2017). Ezzie trained as a lawyer and has a PhD on women’s wellbeing and justice after violence. She cares deeply about and works to further women’s emotional wellbeing. Ezzie has spent more recent years working with the rhythms of the moon, refining and perfecting her practice and sharing her wisdom with the flourishing online community in her Lunar Abundance Salon.
In this wonderfully juicy conversation with Ezzie, we cover a number of things including:
- Ezzie’s personal journey and the winding path she has taken from being a lawyer to the work that she is currently doing in the world
- The journaling and moon tracking process that opened Ezzie’s eyes to the power of the moon as a tool for self-knowledge
- The 8 phases of the moon in the month long cycle and what each of these phases represents
- The step-by-step guide Ezzie has created to work with the moon cycles and improve the quality of your life
- Practical ways to honour yourself and the seasons in your life
- The counter-intuitive link between slowing down and increased productivity
Here are 3 key takeaways from my conversation with Ezzie:
- How to use the moon as a powerful mirror and visual cue to come within and listen to how you’re feeling and what your body is telling you.
- When you understand and know yourself on a deeper level, you make more conscious decisions and take actions that honour your needs, which improves your physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Why it’s essential that you make time for rest and how you can practically structure your life around the different seasons, so that you are balancing the busy periods with plenty of restorative practices.
If you’re looking for inspiration and practical guidance that will help you tune into your body and begin to create a life of more balance, flow and abundance, then listen in to this insightful conversation with Dr. Ezzie Spencer.
Book Launch Event with Ezzie and Megan:
Share this podcast