WLW 018 Emma Franklin Bell on Experimenting and Entrepreneurship
If you’ve ever thought about starting your own business, but you’re not sure how to get started, then this episode with Emma Franklin Bell is a great one for you. Emma explains why treating entrepreneurship and starting a business like a series of experiments is a key philosophy for her and how it can help you to break through fears that might be holding you back. And if you’ve ever wanted to write a book, there’s also lots of juicy information in this episode about developing a writing practice and how Emma wrote her first 2 books.
Emma Franklin Bell is an author, artist and entrepreneur. She is the founder of the online academy – The Beautiful Business Academy and co-host of the popular podcast show – The Ladies Lounge podcast. Emma spent 20 years in the performing arts industry predominantly classical ballet where she became an expert and mentor on strategic business building after creating and building – Fairy Footsteps Ballet – a dance and drama program for 3-6year olds. Within its first 3 months of opening it had 3 venues, 2 teachers and hundreds of students going through the program.
In this conversation with Emma, we cover a number of things including:
- Emma’s personal journey from dancing to entrepreneurship
- The link between entrepreneurship and art
- Why Emma sees entrepreneurship and artists as magicians
- How Emma built her first successful small business at the age of 28
- Emma’s own writing practice and the tools that have helped her to write her first 2 books
Here are 3 key takeaways from my conversation with Emma:
- How treating entrepreneurship as a series of experiments and holding it lightly can help you break through fears and worries
- Why creativity is so important and vital for the world today and what you can do to unlock your own creativity
- Emma’s tools and tips to help you write a book
And if you want to delve deeper into your creativity and develop your own writing practice, then I’d love for you to join me at my Writer’s Retreat in Byron Bay later in the year. But be quick, spaces are filling up fast.
Your Beautiful Business book (FREE): http://www.yourbeautifulbusinessbook.com/
Share this podcast