WLW 002: Tara Mohr on Playing Big
If you’ve ever been guilty of letting criticism get the better of you, hiding your greatness and just plain old procrastinating (and let’s face it, who hasn’t?), then this podcast episode with Tara Sophia Mohr is for you.
Tara is the founder of the acclaimed Playing Big leadership program for women. She is an expert on women’s leadership and wellbeing and is committed to amplifying women’s voices through empowering women to play bigger in their work and in their lives. Tara has an MBA from Stanford University and an undergraduate degree in English literature from Yale. She is also the author of Playing Big, the best selling book that was recently named one of the ‘Best Books of 2014’ by Apple iBooks.
In my conversation with Tara we dive deep into a bunch of juicy topics including:
- Dealing with your inner critic
- Unhooking from praise and criticism
- Ending the cycle of procrastination
- The many ways that women hide their greatness and play small
- Simple steps towards playing bigger
- Why Tara doesn’t believe in will power or self discipline
- How to achieve your goals with grace and ease
3 key takeaways from my conversation with Tara:
- Why tuning in rather than tuning out to your inner critic is really the way to go
- How to step out of your hiding place and stop procrastinating
- Creating change can be easy…if you let it
So if you’re feeling ready to step up, be seen and take a leap in the direction of your dreams, then listen in to my interview with Tara and start putting her advice into action.
If you liked this episode, I would love it if you could give me 2 mins of your time and head on over to iTunes and leave me a review. It really helps to get the word out so that more women will know about the show and have access to these inspiring interviews. I’d love it if you could join me in really changing the conversation by spreading this work. Thank you for being part of this community.
Share this podcast