WLW 020 Lorraine Murphy on Being Remarkable
For anyone that loves inspiring conversations that are also packed to the brim with practical tips around getting organised and increasing your productivity, then this episode with the remarkable Lorraine Murphy is for you.
Lorraine is originally from Dublin, Ireland and spent the first eight years of her career in PR and communications strategy. In 2009 she moved to Sydney and recognised a need for a coordinator of blogger and brand relationships in the Australian market. She launched The Remarkables Group in 2012, the first dedicated influencer talent agency in Australia and went on to secure over $1m in revenue in the first 12 months. Lorraine was named one of BRW’s Five Young Entrepreneurs to Watch and one of Dynamic Business’s Young Guns. She has featured frequently in media, including The Project, Sunrise, Sydney Morning Herald, Collective Hub, Marie Claire, Sky News, ABC News and The Australian. Lorraine is a thought leader in entrepreneurship and the best-selling author of Remarkability: How To Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You.
In this incredible conversation, Lorraine gives so much insightful and practical guidance on some of the following areas:
- Why it’s essential to take action on your ideas
- The role that having faith and confidence played in getting her business off the ground
- Why it’s essential to get outside of your comfort zone and how your comfort zone actually stretches and expands
- Lorraine’s writing process and dealing with her inner critic
- Tips for getting organised
- Tips for increasing productivity
- Tips for becoming an expert in your field
- The systems that Lorraine uses to run her business
Here are 3 key takeaways from my conversation with Lorraine:
- The importance of tuning in to yourself, having faith, following your gut and backing yourself when you have a new idea or want to start a business
- Why Lorraine thinks of being organised as looking after her future self and her best advice on how to get seriously organised and increase your productivity
- Lorraine’s key strategies for becoming an expert or an influencer in your industry – including putting yourself forward for awards and starting small with media
And just a heads up that this episode features some adult language, so you may want to make sure there are no little ones listening in – or pop in your headphones.
The Remarkables Group: http://www.theremarkablesgroup.com.au/
Share this podcast