WLW 004: Lisa Messenger on Life & Love
For those of you who were inspired by Lisa Messenger’s incredible story and personal insights from Part One of our podcast with her, then you’re going to love Part 2 of our interview where you’ll get more of Lisa’s beautiful, raw honesty as well as a look inside her latest best-selling book Life & Love: Creating the dream. Yes that’s right, just 4 months after releasing Daring & Disruptive, Lisa released another book – this woman is prolific.
For anyone who doesn’t know Lisa, she is the vibrant and game changing CEO and creative director of the Messenger Group as well as the founder and editor-in-chief of The Collective magazine. Lisa has authored and co-authored more than a dozen books and the Messenger Group has custom published more than 400 books for companies and individuals. She is also someone that I am lucky to call one of my closest girlfriends and when you listen in, you’ll get a taste of why I love her so much.
As always, Lisa has some incredible insights to share and in this conversation she generously opens up about her latest book, her writing process, and where she finds her creative inspiration. But that’s not all, we also talk about:
- How Lisa went from being in the lowest level English class at school to becoming a best-selling author
- How Lisa found her purpose and became the entrepreneur for entrepreneurs
- The importance of self-development – if we put in the work then we know that anything that is thrown at us isn’t insurmountable
- The practices that help Lisa stay grounded whilst running an enormously successful business
- Being strong and vulnerable – accepting all of life’s dualities and knowing that it is okay to be both
- Lisa’s juggle between CEO and creative visionary and why knowing your strengths is vital
And here are 3 key takeaways from this conversation with Lisa:
- How embracing our feminine power and learning to shift between our masculine and feminine energies can have extraordinary results and create flow in our lives.
- Every moment in life is an opportunity to practice gratitude. If we can embrace any experience that comes our way and learn to flip our attitude, then we can be the best versions of ourselves.
- Why it’s important for every entrepreneur to learn how to hustle.
So if you want to create more flow, embrace your feminine energy and learn how to tackle anything that life throws at you, then listen in to this episode because Lisa has so many powerful tips to share.
If you liked this episode, I would love it if you could give me 2 mins of your time and head on over to iTunes and leave me a review. It really helps to get the word out so that more women will know about the show and have access to these inspiring interviews. I’d love it if you could join me in really changing the conversation by spreading this work. Thank you for being part of this community.
Share this podcast