WLW 008: Janine Garner on The Power of Collaboration
If you’ve ever felt pressured to be everything to everyone and that you need to work hard to figure it all out on your own then you might need help around collaboration. And if that’s the case, then this podcast interview with Janine Garner is for you.
Janine Garner is a business woman and entrepreneur who is passionate about commercial collaboration, driving courageous conversations, influential leadership, and above all future-proofing business. She is the Founder and CEO of the Little Black Dress Group helping women in all walks of business, thought leaders and entrepreneurs connect, contribute and collaborate to build their commercial success. Before taking the leap and becoming an entrepreneur, Janine spent 20 years working internationally and in Australia in corporate marketing roles for some of the world’s best brands. Janine is also the author of a fantastic new book ‘From Me to We: Why commercial collaboration will future-proof business, leaders and personal success’
In my conversation with Janine we delve into what it really means to move from me to we and how we can begin the shift towards working collaboratively. We chat about:
- The 3 things that triggered Janine to leave her job and create her own business and community
- The power of collective intelligence. When you have cross-industry and cross-function collaboration, magic happens
- Why Janine believes commercial collaboration is the competitive advantage of the future
- The role that courage, confidence and self-belief plays
- The importance of owning your expertise and learning to ask for help
- The obstacles that get in our way on the path to collaboration
- How Janine defines success and the practices she uses to thrive in her business and in her life
Here are 3 key takeaways from my conversation with Janine:
- It is essential to own our space. We need to know what it is that we stand for, what we believe in, what we bring to the table and what we struggle with.
- We must develop the courage and confidence to stand in the spotlight, share our voice and ask for help. The more we practice stepping outside of our comfort zone, the faster we will build this muscle.
- Why getting clear on your big-picture vision for the future and making the choice to invest in yourself is the best thing that you can do.
If you liked this episode, I would love it if you could give me 2 mins of your time and head on over to iTunes and leave me a review. It really helps to get the word out so that more women will know about the show and have access to these inspiring interviews. I’d love it if you could join me in really changing the conversation by spreading this work. Thank you for being part of this community.
Share this podcast